The Surf & Turf
The Surf & Turf is the perfect combination of greatness and… greatness. It’s the perfect choice for those who can’t make up their mind. And for those who think it’s not possible to have something better than a surf & turf, they never tried to mix it with another great dish: a burger! Still not sure this is the perfect dish? Let us show you how good it is.
The Surf & Turf burger is like banana and chocolate or like fries and cheese in gravy.
They BELONG together. You’re now convinced you want to try it? The recipe is right down below :
- Servings: 4
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Barbecue temperature: 200 °C (400 °F)
- The Stuffer from House of BBQ Experts.
- 225 g (8 oz) of shrimps
- 2 tbsp. of House of BBQ Experts Ketchot sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 900 g (2 lb.) of ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- House of BBQ Experts Montreal spice mix and rub
- Light up your coals or your gas BBQ to reach 200 °C (400 °F).
- Sear the shrimps on both sides. (Don’t overcook them, they will continue to heat in the burger patty)
- In a bowl, mix the shrimps with the Ketchot sauce and 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, mix the ground beef with two good pinches of MTL rub from House
- Fill the House of BBQ Experts stuffer and dig a hole in the center.
- Fill with a quarter of the shrimp stuffing. Cover with meat to complete the patties.
- Make the three other patties the same way you just did.
- Bake patties over indirect heat for about 25 minutes, turning them once.
- A few minutes before the end of baking, grill the buns over direct heat.
- Baste the hamburger buns with mayonnaise and place the patties on them.
- Serve immediately.
Have a good BBQ and enjoy!