Nailing the perfect Surf and Turf burger
Surf and Turf is the perfect combination of greatness and… greatness, but nailing the perfect Surf and Turf burger is a whole new level. It’s the perfect choice for those who can’t make up their mind. After all, who’s really going to decline a mouth-watering plate of juicy steak and flavourful, dripping barbecued shrimp? No one, that’s the answer.
And for those who think it’s impossible to eat something better than surf and turf, maybe they’ve never mixed it with another great dish: the burger! Still not sure this is the perfect dish? We’ll show you how to tackle it.
The Surf and Turf burger is like banana and chocolate or like fries and gravy. They BELONG together. Have we convinced you yet? Here’s the recipe?
- Servings: 4
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Barbecue temperature: 200 °C (400 °F)
- 225 g (8 oz) of shrimp
- 2 tbsp. of House of BBQ Experts Ketchot sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 900 g (2 lb.) of ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- House of BBQ Experts Montreal spice mix and rub
- Light up your coals or your gas BBQ to reach 200 °C (400 °F).
- Sear the shrimp on both sides. (Don’t overcook them because they will continue to heat in the burger patty)
- In a bowl, mix the shrimp with the Ketchot sauce and 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, mix the ground beef with two good pinches of Montreal spice mix and rub from House of BBQ Experts
- Fill the House of BBQ Experts stuffer and dig a hole in the centre.
- Fill with a quarter of the shrimp stuffing. Cover with meat to complete the patties.
- Make the three other patties the same way you just did.
- Bake patties over indirect heat for about 25 minutes, turning them once.
- A few minutes before the end of baking, grill the buns over direct heat.
- Baste the hamburger buns with mayonnaise and place the patties on them.
- Serve immediately.
Have a good BBQ and enjoy!
Want to check out a wide variety of premium BBQs, tools and accessories? Head over the the House of BBQ Experts for all your BBQing needs!
Prefer to shop in French? Rendez-vous sur notre site web BBQ Quebec pour magasiner tout ce dont vous avez besoin!