The best Easter BBQ chocolate pizza
At home, Easter means good memories and fun tradition – but we’re always looking for more great Easter BBQ ideas. What a pleasure to see your little ones hunting for eggs with their baskets, inviting family to share a big brunch and to eat the kids’ chocolate when they’re not looking!
A German tradition is to light a big fire to celebrate Easter. The Osterfeuer (in German) celebrates the end of bad weather and Spring arrival. Inspired by the flame at House of BBQ Experts, this year, we are launching a new fire tradition: the Easter BBQ!
Along with officially commencing the BBQ season, you’ll have total fun with the kids by making a delicious chocolate pizza recipe. As good for breakfast as it is for a dessert, all your guests will be amazed during the traditional Easter brunch!
Happy Easter day and good BBQ y’all! And we hope these new Easter BBQ ideas serve you well!
Easter BBQ ideas: Chocolate pizza
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 homemade pizza dough ball
A touch of flour to prevent dough from sticking
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 cups of sliced fruits (bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, peaches, plums, kiwis …)
- 2 ounces of separated semi-sweet chocolate for cooking
- ¼ cup of small marshmallows
- Touch of orange zest (optional)
- Flower of salt (optional)
- Preheat your BBQ and the pizza pan (see method below to prevent the plate from breaking).
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roughly chop 1 ounce of chocolate.
- Roll up the pizza dough to make a 20cm (approximate of course) disk. Lightly flour the bottom of the dough to prevent sticking.
- Put the dough directly on the floured pizza spatula and pierce the dough to prevent it from swelling too much.
- Melt 1 ounce of chocolate in the microwave, stir it every 30 seconds.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the pizza dough, from the center.
- Sprinkle the mixture with sugar and cinnamon.
- Put the chopped fruits, the marshmallows and the chopped chocolate over the dough.
- Cook your pizza on the BBQ for about 4-5 minutes or until crust and marshmallows become golden brown.
- To serve it, add a pinch of flower, salt and orange zest.
How to preheat your propane pizza pan
- Preheat the pizza pan for 10 minutes, setting the burners to minimum level;
- After 10 minutes set the burners to the maximum.
- Cook the pizza.
Method of preheating the charcoal pizza pan
- Light the coal
- Immediately place the pizza plate on the grill in the indirect zone,
- Let it warm up and aim for a high temperature
- Cook the pizza.
Want to check out a wide variety of premium BBQs, tools and accessories? Head over the the House of BBQ Experts for all your BBQing needs!