Sugar Shack Burger
Posted on March 29, 2022
Being in Sugaring Season, I simply can’t keep this incredible tribute to maple products to myself! If you buy a box of goodies from your favorite sugar shack, you can use several of them in today’s recipe! Everyone knows there’s nothing better than fresh ingredients!
Have you heard of the famous House of BBQ Experts Stuffer ? This is an item that students in the House of BBQ Experts’ BBQ 101 course have fallen in love with because it turns ground meat into a masterpiece! This miraculous and legendary invention allows you to stuff a meatball with your favorite or most unexpected ingredients! So, brace yourself because today’s recipe, THE Sugar Shack Burger uses it, and you’ve never tasted a patty with this much flavor! 😜
Ingredients (for 4 burgers):
- 2 lbs. ground beef (½ lb. per stuffed patty)
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 100 g ham, chopped
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g breakfast potatoes, cooked
- House of BBQ Experts Maple Bourbon sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (1 per patty)
- 4 burger buns
And if you feel like going all out (and want something even more like a classic sugar shack meal), you can also add these ingredients:
- Fried crepe, chopped (optional)
- Meat pie, chopped (optional)
- Cretons (optional)
- Maple taffy (optional)
- Sausage, chopped (optional)
- Place ⅓ pound of ground beef in the bottom of The Stuffer.
- Use the Stuffer’s mold to hollow out a hole in the ground meat.
- Fill the hole with some potatoes, bacon, ham, and cheddar cheese (for extra deliciousness, add a little of each of the optional ingredients as well), then pour 1 tablespoon of maple syrup over the entire mixture.
- Seal the patty by topping the “stuffing” with ⅙ pound of ground beef (giving you a ½ pound meatball), then place the lid on the Stuffer to form the patty.
- Unmold the meatball. Repeat steps 1-5 for each patty.
- Grill both sides of the patties until they lift off the grid easily.
- Turn off one of the BBQ burners or reposition the charcoal to create an indirect cooking zone.
- Transfer the patties to the indirect cooking zone and let them cook for about 10 minutes, or until their internal temperature reaches 160°F (cooking in the indirect cooking zone keeps the patties super juicy, and that’s exactly what you want!)
- Take the patties off the grill and, while you’re at it, brush them with House of BBQ Experts Maple Bourbon Sauce before serving them on toasted burger buns.
With its knockout flavor, this mega burger is sure to be a hit.
Enjoy your meal and happy grilling!