Smash burger of champions
For 2 burgers
Meat is life.
The more meat there is in a burger, the happier I am! So today I’m treating myself and putting 2 patties and some bacon! 😍
However… I’m cheating a bit, as I’m putting tiny patties. Yeah, you maybe guessed it, I’m making myself an amazing SMASH BURGER. 😎
Let’s go! Here is a recipe that’s easy to do and filled with flavors and textures! 🤘
- House of BBQ Experts’ Plancha Grill Griddle (or other griddle)
- House of BBQ Experts’ Smash Burger Press
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- Pickles, to taste
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- Slices of bacon, to taste
- 1 lb ground meat (¼ lb per patty)
- House of BBQ Experts’ Texas dry marinade, to taste
- 4 slices of cheese, your choice
- 2 hamburger buns
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- House of BBQ Experts’ Colonel Mustard sauce, to taste (optional)
- House of BBQ Experts’ Ketchot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Place the Griddle on the grill’s grids, over indirect cooking zone, and preheat the grill to 500°F. (If you are not using the House of BBQ Experts’ Griddle, it is important that you put yours on the grill before starting it to avoid giving it a thermal shock. Otherwise, the Griddle can be added afterwards. 😉)
- Using a knife, cut the onion into strips, the tomatoes and pickles into slices, and the lettuce leaves into small pieces.
- Place the bacon slices on the grill’s top grid, above the Griddle, and let them become crispy. Remove them from the grill once ready.
- Place the onion pieces onto the Griddle, towards the back of the grill, and let them brown while stirring them from time to time.
- Put the ground meat in a bowl, then sprinkle it with some Texas dry marinade. Mix everything so that the dry marinade is well distributed on the meat.
- Make 4 balls with the minced meat and place them onto the Griddle. Smash them into thin patties with the Smash Burger Press.
- When the patties are no longer sticking onto the Griddle (i.e., after about 1 min of cooking), flip them over so that they are evenly cooked.
- Cover the meat patties with slices of cheese and let them melt.
- Place slices of bacon on top of 2 patties, then put the patties that only have cheese on top over those that have bacon. After that, sprinkle pieces of onion on top of each “patty tower”.
- Grill both sides of the buns onto the grill over direct heat.
- Remove all of the ingredients from the grill, and spread mayonnaise onto the bottom burger buns. Add Colonel Mustard and/or Ketchot sauce over them afterward.
- Put lettuce leaves on the bottom buns, then place a pair of 2 patties over them. Add tomato and pickle slices on top of the patties, and then, close the burgers with the top buns.
- Serve and enjoy!