Sausage meat-stuffed peppers
Posted on June 27, 2023
40 minutes cooking time
Stuffed vegetables are always good (it’s even a great way to make sure that people that aren’t a big fan of vegetables [like myself 🤪] eat some, because, well… you put meat in the stuffing! 😎).
This recipe will excite everyone at the table, even the kids. 😜
- 4 bacon slices
- ½ white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bell peppers (color of your choice)
- Cheese curds, to taste
- Meat of 4 sausages
- 1 tablespoon House of BBQ Experts’ Explorer dry marinade
- 1 tablespoon House of BBQ Experts’ Colonel Mustard sauce
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Cook the bacon in the indirect cooking zone until it is golden brown.
- Using a knife, chop the half onion, the garlic cloves and, when they’re ready, the bacon strips. Slice the peppers in half and empty their insides afterwards.
- In a bowl, add the pieces of onion, garlic, and bacon. Incorporate the cheese curds and sausage meat as well, then sprinkle the Explorateur dry marinade over everything and add the Colonel Mustard sauce. Mix until homogeneous.
- Fill the inside of the pepper halves with the sausage meat mixture.
- Place the pepper portions on the grill, in the indirect cooking zone, and cook them for 30 minutes, until the meat has an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve and enjoy!