Red-nosed reindeer cookies
Makes approximately 10 cookies
I love the holidays. 🎄
It’s true. I love to put everyone in the mood and cook things that are a bit out of the ordinary! 🥰
When I saw cute red-nosed reindeer cookies on the Internet, I knew I had to try to make a similar recipe and give it a little twist. So, it is now my pleasure to tell you that after a couple of tries, I’ve managed to create something incredible! 😄
So… there you go! Here is my “OMG, CUTEEEE!” cookie recipe, that’s not too sweet, and baked on the grill. (Warm and served with a glass of milk, these cookies are amazing! Santa Claus won’t leave a bit on the plate, that’s for sure. 😜)
- House of BBQ Experts’ Pizza Stone
- Parchment paper
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. House of BBQ Experts’ Cake Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ t. room-temperature butter
- ¼ t. molasses
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 (approximately) pretzels, broken up to make antlers (2 pieces per cookie)
- 10 (approximately) red M&Ms (or other colors) (1 M&M per cookie)
- Place the pizza stone onto the grill’s cooking grids, and preheat the device to 350 °F. (The pizza stone must be placed in an indirect-cooking zone.)
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add, while constantly mixing, the butter, the molasse, the egg, and the brown sugar.
- Integrate the dry ingredients into the second bowl, and mix until homogenous.
- For easier manipulation afterwards, lay the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and use it to wrap the dough in a cylinder shape. Refrigerate for about 30 min. (Optional)
- Once the grill and the pizza stone are hot, turn off the central burners.
- Cover the prep area with a sheet of parchment paper, place the dough on top of it, and top it with another sheet of parchment paper*. With a rolling pin, flatten the dough by rolling the cooking tool on top of the sheet of paper. Then, with a cookie cutter or by hand, cut out circles in the dough to make the reindeer faces. (You can also give them ears if you want; the dough is very malleable. 😉)
- Transpose the cookies onto a floured surface, and onto the pizza stone (as it is made of enamelled porcelain, there is no need to grease it or to lay a sheet of parchment paper on it beforehand; the cookies won’t stick to it 😉). Let cook for about 10 min, until they are golden and puffy (you can verify if the cooking time is over by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the dough; if it comes out clean, the cookies are ready!).
- Remove the cookies from the pizza stone and, while they’re still hot, insert the pretzel pieces on the top of their heads to give them antlers, and place a red M&M (or an M&M of another color) in the center of each one of them to give them a nose. Also, give the reindeers eyes by poking 2 eye holes close to their antlers.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you included step 5 in your preparation and your dough was already wrapped in parchment paper, you can simply undo the wrapping and place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough before rolling over the dough.