Today, I’m spoiling you because I’m not only showing you a burger recipe, but a recipe of a burger that’s stuffed with poutine! Oh yes, it’s completely insane!
This decadent burger is actually a variation on the winning recipe that my brother and I made at the France BBQ Championship a few years ago. The secret ingredient this time around: poutine! You’ll see, it has a taste of Quebec in every bite, it’s really good!
Here’s how to make this out-of-this-world recipe:
Ingredients (for 2 patties):
- 400 g ground beef
- 2 precooked poutines, without sauce (1 per patty)
- 8 bacon slices (4 per patty)
- House of BBQ Experts’ Texas spice mix and rub, to taste
- House of BBQ Experts’ Montreal spice mix and rub, to taste
- House of BBQ Experts’ Ketchot (or House of BBQ Experts’ Colonel Mustard) sauce, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the BBQ at around 400°F.
- Place 4 large spoonfuls of ground meat into the stuffer, and using the domed top part of the stuffer, create a center pocket in the meat.
- Stuff the pocket with 1 poutine and add more meat on top of it to cover the pocket.
- Use the flat side of the top part of the stuffer to press and seal the burger. Turn the stuffer for a nice deep press, pushing firmly. Remove the cover and pop out the burger from the bottom.
- Repeat the steps 2 to 4 to make the other patty.
- Wrap the patties with bacon strips, while making sure to maintain them in place by using toothpicks or stainless steel nails. (Don’t forget to remove them before taking a bite out of the patties once they’ll be cooked though. ;))
- Sprinkle both sides of the patties with some Texas and Montreal spice mixes and rubs, and place the patties on the BBQ’s grate over indirect heat. Let them cook slowly, but surely for approximately 40 minutes, meaning until the bacon strips are crispy and, especially, until the meat has an internal temperature of at least 160°F.
- After the patties have been removed from the heat, drizzle some Ketchot or Colonel Mustard sauce on them to give them even more taste (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Have a great BBQ!