Nachos-style stuffed potatoes
Posted on June 28, 2023
Serving stuffed potatoes or a dish of nachos to our guests is now a thing of the past. Here, we reinvent the wheel, and I present you a crazy, new, kind of recipe: nachos-style stuffed potatoes. 😎 (Oh yeah, long live the revolution of appetizers/side dishes! 👌)
- Avocado oil, to taste
- House of BBQ Experts’ Explorer dry marinade, to taste
- 2 potatoes
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 banana peppers, sliced
- Black olives, sliced (about a dozen)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- Tostitos-style chips, crumbled, to taste
- Nachos-style cheese sauce, to taste
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, drizzle the potatoes with oil and sprinkle some Explorateur dry marinade over them. Mix everything so that the seasoning spreads evenly.
- Insert the potatoes on the veggie rack and send everything to the indirect cooking zone, ideally on the grill’s top grid. Let cook for about 40 minutes, or until the tines of a fork go through like butter.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon slices in the indirect cooking zone and let them cook until they are caramelized.
- When the potatoes and bacon strips are done, remove them from the grill. Remove a little bit of the inside part of each potato to form a hole, then chop the bacon slices.
- Combine the potato flesh and the bacon pieces in a bowl, then add the sliced peppers, the pieces of olives and green onion (reserve some for later), the grated cheese, the salsa, and the sour cream. Mix until homogeneous.
- Stuff the potatoes with the mixture, then cover the top with crumbled chips. Add some cheese sauce on top of the chips afterward and sprinkle it all with green onions. Top everything with an additional layer of chips, sauce, and green onions if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!