Montreal Style Beef Carpaccio
Posted on December 14, 2021
This recipe is sure to be a hit! It’s easy and so tasty that I’ve eaten it dozens of times for Sunday night family dinner. I can’t get enough of it (and neither can my family 😉)!
Servings: 4 to 6
Prep: 20 minutes
Resting time: 60 minutes
- 600g tartare-grade filet mignon, trimmed
- 2-3 oz House of BBQ Experts Montreal Spice Mix and Rub
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- ⅓ cup of shaved Romano cheese
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 ½ cup of watercress
- Zest of one orange
- Balsamic glaze, to taste
- Finishing salt, to taste
- Preheat the BBQ to the highest temperature setting.
- Meanwhile, coat the filet mignon with the House of BBQ Experts Montreal Spice Mix and Rub and heat a cast-iron skillet on the BBQ until it’s piping hot.
- Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt with a drizzle of olive oil. Sear the meat for about 30 to 60 seconds on each side, until the dry rub forms a crust on the meat.
- Let the filet mignon cool, wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze it for 45 to 60 minutes (it will then be easier to slice it).
- Slice the meat as thinly as possible and lay the slices on the bottom of the serving plate. (If you have a meat slicer, use it for a more consistent look).
- Garnish the meat with a few watercress leaves, Romano shavings and orange zest. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze on top, then lightly sprinkle some finishing salt.
- Eat and savor every bite!