Everyone loves pizza. Making this perfect Margherita pizza recipe is, therefore, a sure way to ensure that everyone at the table will be happy, young and old people alike.
That said, let your creativity run wild with this pizza! You can give your pizza any shape that you want (a round, a heart …), and you can even stuff the crust with cheese or butter to make it even more “wild” and unique!
Here’s how to prepare it:
– House of BBQ Experts’ Veggie Rack
– House of BBQ Experts’ Pizza Stone
– House of BBQ Experts’ Pizza Peel
– 4 Italian tomatoes
– House of BBQ Experts’ California spice mix and rub, to taste
– Flour, for cooking
– 1 pizza dough
– 1 ball of mozzarella
– House of BBQ Experts’ Argentina spice mix and rub, to taste
– Basil leaves, to taste
1. Preheat the BBQ to 400°F.
2. Using a knife, remove the center part of the tomatoes to create a hole in each one of them and fill them up with some California spice mix and rub.
3. Prick the tomatoes on the veggie rack and let them cook over indirect heat on the BBQ’s grate.
4. Once the tomatoes are ready, remove them from the BBQ, put them in a bowl and squish them with a fork to turn them into purée.
5. Install the All-in-1 on the BBQ, place the pizza stone on the grate, and increase the BBQ’s temperature to around 900°F.
6. Dust some flour onto the work surface to prevent the dough from sticking and work the pizza dough to obtain the desired shape (it is possible to use a rolling pin to do so, but I suggest hand-creating the shape in order for the dough to become “fluffier”). Poke a few holes in the dough to prevent lots of bubbles from forming once it’ll be cooked.
7. Sprinkle a bit of flour onto the pizza peel, put the pizza dough on it, and place the dough on the pizza stone. Let the dough cook for about 5 minutes until its underside is well cooked.
8. Meanwhile, drain the mozzarella and cut it into slices.
9. Once the pizza dough is ready, remove it from the BBQ and flip it on its other side. Spread the tomato purée onto the dough, add the mozzarella slices, and sprinkle some Argentina spice mix and rub over everything. (Flipping the pizza dough before adding ingredients on it allows the dough to “solidify” itself and to retain the water coming from the tomatoes more instead of letting it penetrate inside the dough and turning it into mush.)
10. Add some more flour onto the pizza peel to help the dough slide, put the pizza on it, and place it onto the pizza stone again. Let it cook for about 10 minutes all while making sure to rotate it 180° once and 90° a couple of times as it is cooking to ensure that it’s cooked evenly.
11. Once the pizza is ready and the cheese is nicely melted, remove the pizza from the BBQ and garnish it with some basil leaves to give it some extra flavor.
12. Let the pizza rest for a bit and cut it into slices with the pizza cutter.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Have a great BBQ!