Some of you may already be familiar with my infamous sangrilla recipe. Well, I spiced it up a bit to make a more festive version for the holidays! 😎 (But hey, nothing stops you from making it in the middle of July either, eh. 😜)
You may have clicked on this recipe thinking, “What the heck is a sangrilla?!” Simple: it’s sangria, with grilled fruit. Yum! 🥰
Here’s how to make this delicious drink:
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- House of BBQ Experts Cake Spice Mix, to taste
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 cup orange juice
- 3 oz. Jim Beam Black Cherry Red Stag Bourbon
- Preheat the grill to 500°F.
- With a knife, slice the citrus fruit into wedges.
- Sprinkle Cake Spice Mix over the fruit.
- Grill the fruit wedges for about 2 minutes on each side (including the peel side) until it’s nicely caramelized and has grill marks.
- Place the fruit in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- Transfer the pieces of fruit to a punch bowl.
- Pour the red wine, orange juice and bourbon into the container and stir.
- Add ice to keep the sangrilla fresh (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!