Chicken and Bacon Club Sandwich
Posted on March 8, 2022
Today’s recipe is easy to make, tastes awesome and the kids will love it! I use dark meat because it’s more tender, more flavorful and moister than white meat…
Ready? Let’s go!
Ingredients (for 1 club):
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- ¼ tomato, sliced
- 1 pickle, sliced
- Grated cheese, to taste
- ½ hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 or 2 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices of gluten-free bread
- ½ tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. House of BBQ Experts Funky Chili Sauce
- House of BBQ Experts X Monette Outdoor’s Western Spice Mix and Rub, to taste
- House of BBQ Experts X Monette Outdoor’s Dawn Spice Mix and Rub, to taste
- House of BBQ Experts Tex Max Spice Mix and Rub, to taste
- Preheat the Grill to about 400°F.
- When the Grill has reached the right temperature, lay the bacon slices on the grill and let them cook until crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and Funky Chili sauce together in a bowl until well combined in texture and color. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle the Western dry rub on both sides of the chicken thighs. (When a recipe calls for 2 or 3 dry rubs, I usually start with the sweetest one, so it forms a crust on top of the meat).
- After applying the first layer of rub, add a little Dawn dry rub to both sides of the thighs to give the chicken a salty, herbaceous touch, then finally add the Tex-Max dry rub (again to both sides) to add a spicy kick to the upcoming bites.
- Once the thighs are well seasoned, transfer them to the grill in the direct cooking zone. Let them cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until the Thermomax reads 165°F. (The chicken can be flipped 3 or 4 times each while cooking).
- When the chicken is cooked through, toast the slices of bread on the grill.
- Flip the bread to toast the other side, then sprinkle the toasted side with cheese.
- Place the bacon and pickle slices on top of the cheese, then place a second slice of bread on top of this one (cheese side up). Then add, in the following order, the chicken, egg slices, tomato slices and lettuce leaves on top.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the cheese on the remaining slice of bread and top the sandwich with this slice, making sure to place the mayonnaise side down.
- Take the sandwich off the grill and cut it into triangles.
- Serve and enjoy!