Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
You’ve been thinking about it for a while… making your own pizza dough. THE dream!
Well… it’s now or never! 💪
Many people are hesitant to make their own pizza dough because they think it’s time-consuming and complex. But it doesn’t have to be!
☝️ The old days you used to spend buying pizza dough at the grocery store are now in the past!
Right here, I’m giving you the BEST pizza dough recipe out there, and, more importantly, the SIMPLEST one ever. 😎
Yup, there is such a thing as an easy-to-make pizza dough that tastes amazing! And let’s face it, pizza is always better when it’s made from scratch and with love. 😜
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tsp. instant yeast (or 2 ¼ tsp. traditional yeast)
- 1 tsp. House of BBQ Experts Kansas Spice Mix and Rub
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. House of BBQ Experts California Spice Mix and Rub
- ¾ cup water (split into 3 x ¼ cup portions)
- Pour ¼ cup warm water into a bowl, then add the yeast and Kansas dry rub. Let stand for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and California dry rub in another bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the hot water mixture into the flour bowl, then add 3 x ¼ cup of water, mixing the mixture between each addition to make it smooth.
- Flour the work surface and knead the dough by hand for a few minutes.
- Once the dough looks smooth and even, form it into a ball and place it back into the bowl it was in.
- Cover the bowl with a warm towel and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Without removing the towel, “punch” the center of the dough ball with a fist. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Use the dough to make a pizza!
Happy (future) grilling, and be sure to let us know how yours turned out on our social media pages!