Easy BBQ recipes during the work week
When you cook on week nights it’s usually quick, efficient and, for the most part, easy, so sometimes it’s nice to have easy BBQ recipes at your disposal. Meanwhile your BBQ is crying by its lonesome because you don’t have time for it anymore. Shame on you.
Well I have the solution for you! It’s Easy BBQ.
Easy BBQ recipes: fast, efficient and delicious!
Here are my tips to introduce a little BBQ into your daily evening routine.
1: Make your BBQ accessible from home. Personally, I always keep my gas BBQ (Blaze 4) as close as possible to my patio door and, in winter, I make it accessible from the inside.
2: Prepare your meat the day before. Sprinkle a very thin layer of spices on your meat to add a bit of flavour. Be careful: don’t overdo it, especially if your spices are very salty.
3: Choose thinner cuts of meat as this will reduce your cooking time.
4: Choose simple and effective accompaniments. For example, asparagus is an excellent choice with minute rice. (Remember that the important thing is the meat!)
5: As soon as you come home, start the BBQ immediately.
Easy BBQ recipes:
Easy Maple Bourbon Pork Chops
4 pork chops about 3/4 inch
1/4 cup of House of BBQ Experts Kansas spice mix
1/8 cup of Kosmos Q Anything Seasoning
1/2 cup of House of BBQ Experts Maple Bourbon sauce
1/8 cup of maple syrup
1. Preheat your BBQ with two zones (a direct zone at a very high heat and the other in indirect cooking)
2. Mix honey powder with Kansas spice and apply generously to each side of the meat
3. Sear on each side for about 1 minute 30.
4. Heat your sauce and the maple syrup
5. Put the chops in the indirect area
6. Apply the sauce on each side of the meat when you reach an internal temperature of 125 degrees F,
7. Remove from the BBQ at 133 degrees F and let it stand.
8. Serve with your favourite accompaniment!
Easy Tender Beef Satay (to share)
Want more easy BBQ recipes? Well Satay is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. It is a dish from Indonesia, and popular in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Brunei. Here we’ll use several delicious modern sauces and spice mixes to put a tasty twist on traditional beef satay.
800g of cut beef, sliced on grain
350 ml of Butcher Homestyle sauce
1/4 cup of House of BBQ Experts Argentina Spice Mix and SJB Magic Dust Spice Mix
1/8 cup of sesame seeds
1. The night before, take slices of beef and put them in a bowl with 200 ml of Butcher Homestyle sauce. Let it marinate all night.
2. The next day, start your BBQ on direct fire.
3. Dab the beef slices with paper towels.
4. Sprinkle Argentina spice first, uniformly, then do the same with SJB Magic Dust spice.
5. Heat the remaining 150 ml of Homestyle sauce and reduce slightly.
6. Sear the slices about 2 minutes on each side, until up to an internal temperature of 135 degrees F (do not try to check the temperature, it is only for reference)
7. Apply the sauce very lightly on the beef slices, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.
Want to check out a wide variety of premium BBQs, tools and accessories? Head over the the House of BBQ Experts for all your BBQing needs!
Prefer to shop in French? Rendez-vous sur notre site web BBQ Quebec pour magasiner tout ce dont vous avez besoin!